The Liebster Award is a Blogstöcken (Blogstöcken translated means Blog Stick.) This award has been around for nearly a decade and the idea is to tag bloggers to learn more about them and their blogs. I was tagged by Hiking The Trail - Adam Nutting. It was fun to read his answers to the questions he has provided. Without further ado let the Liebster award roll.
1. Link the Person who “tagged” you.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person has asked you.
3. Look for 11 Bloggers and nominate them.
4. Come up with your own 11 question for your 11 nominees.
1. Most favorite travel destination? The Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP) no other place has provided me and my family such pure enjoyment, relaxation and sense of home away from home. We have been twice, each time staying in the same chalet. Our girls still refer to it as "Our Cabin".
2. What is your best adventure story? While in the Smoky's, I awake one morning to a Black Bear outside our door circling my Suburban. He later tried to climb the long porch supports to get on to the porch where the trash was kept. Soon after as he began to walk away he and I came eye to eye. I on the side porch he safely just out of reach below me. An awesome moment to stand eye to eye with such a magnificent animal.
3. What is 1 thing you never leave home without when going on an adventure / trip? As any Boy Scout should, I never leave the house without a swiss army knife in my pocket. Any day can turn into an adventure.
4. What is the longest (time or distance) adventure you have completed? Rather then long or time related, the most adventuresome event I take place in each year is my local hiking groups Freeze Your Butt Off event which takes place the last weekend in January. We spend 3 days and two nights camping out. No matter how wet, cold or how much snow we get. Its an awesome event, with truly liked-minded souls.
5. What is your blog about? Its about me, the journeys that I take to feed my soul with nature, the outdoors and good friends who seek the same. It's about the adventures that me and my young family undertakes and about sharing the knowledge that I garner along the way.
6. What is your next scheduled adventure / trip? Scheduled, would have to be the Hell Hike and Raft epic social adventure in northern Idaho. For more information go to www.hellhikeandraft.com
7. What is your favorite part about being in the outdoors? Simply put, peace. No where else can any other place provide you that feeling.
8. What is your most favorite spur of the moment adventure / trip? Throwing the kayak on top of the Jeep and hitting the lake or nearby river some quick peace and tranquility.
9. What is your favorite outdoor themed podcast? Without a doubt the Pox and Puss Podcast. There is nothing like it. What else can you listen too about you love and almost piss yourself at 30,000 feet while listening to it on an airplane?
10. What is your favorite outdoor themed book? A fan of everything the Muir wrote. Also love reading the travelogues of all those that have hiked the AT. Yes even A Walk in the Woods.
11. What advice do you give to anyone who wants to get outdoors more? As Nike says, Just do it! Take small steps, take a walk in a local park, go geocaching, find a local meetup hiking group, or ask your friends who participate in outdoor activities to tag along. Once there, enjoy yourself and remember how you it makes you feel to be outdoors. Use that feeling as the motivation to get out again and again.
The 11 Bloggers I Chose for the Liebster Award:
Questions for my Blog Selections:
Hiking Forward Stickers